Then and Now

I have started playing Bridge at a more relaxed night where personalities seem to come to the fore.
Tonight I was directing not sure if I was meant to but nevertheless i did. Poor old Shirley  was in a bad mood  made a wrong bid and was unhappy about the decision which had to stand because the bid had been accepteed. Whilst I was trying to play and direct we played the wrong boards not surprising as ones concentration can lapse easily.

Today I was sent a copy of my paternal grandfathers will
in which I was named as a beneficiary along with two of my aunts. All this information I have discovered about the Westbrooks and the Forbes has given me a sense of myself and family.

I wonder if Ron and Daisy blew my meagre inheritance on high living ,,,,as they saw it, Am inclined to believe that they did. Daisy along with her erstwhile husband Tony Harris who was a devious rouge managed to get Denyse's father to part with a large sum which enabled them to buy the house in Pempsey St. Silverstream and also to pay her fees for the short time she attended St Mary's. Denyse was subsequently expelled for big noting about her sex life o the train to school.
I do not blame Daisy for either of these events as she was inclined to be foolish where money was concerned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Move to Village Life